Tuesday 16 July 2013

Post Three - Newman to Hedland


Yesterday was another big day of travel.  We left Newman from Camp Kalgan and made for
Port Hedland.  We went through some very pretty country around the Hamersley Ranges.
Pam wanted to stop for some photo opportunities but the road trains and wide loads
travelling the same road made it too dangerous.
 
 
We were going to stay the night on Indee Station however, there was a motor bike race going
on and there was no safe accommodation.  George was worried the lads might take a pot shot
at me so I wasn't allowed out of the car!
We decided to return back over the river crossing - which the new caravan, called the
Scorpion - handled really well.  Making a bee line for Hedland, I spotted a track that
lead to a lovely camp by the river.  George was really proud of me and my sharp eyes!
Meow! 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment