Tuesday 30 July 2013

Kununurra to Gibb River


Kununurra to Gibb River

Kununurra was fantastic!  What a wonderful time I had exploring around the town.  First we visited Hidden Valley where we climbed the red rocks and enjoyed the view from above. Then we went to Ivanhoe Crossing where Pam and George wouldn't let me swim.  Crocodile country!



We then took a drive to Kelly's Knob which gave a view of the whole of Kununurra.  Pam made me stand in a very scary location for a photo and I wouldn't let go of the tree.



Jane and Shelley took pity on me and decided to take me out in a small plane to see he Bungle Bungles from the air.  It was a wonderful!  Jane made me go to the toilet before I got on board the plane.



As I was feeling a little nervous about flying, the crew allowed me to help out with pre-check.  I was asked to check that the tail flaps were working.



Then they let me do some wing walking!  That was fun!



The flight itself was wonderful.  I saw the Argyle Diamond Mine and the Bungle Bungles.  Tim, our pilot, turned the plane from left to right so that everyone could see.  Unfortunately it made me feel a little sick!



The next day we were picked up for a river cruise on the Ord River.  It was a lovely day.  We saw lots of gorges and lots of wildlife.  The River passes through some very beautiful country.  We pulled into a lovely shady spot and had afternoon tea.  I was feeling just a little hungry!



We stayed on the river to see the sun set and we were very privileged to see the Moon rise at he same time - magic!


No comments:

Post a Comment